Tuesday, February 11, 2014

-Be the squeaky wheel....

I am not sure if many of you are aware of my super powers, invisibility to attractive ladies and bartenders and the ability to win raffles like a champ....  For a while now I have been winning concert tickets from 107.1 KZME.  I win every time I call to the point that they asked me to stop winning so much.  Pow!  Anyway, after the concert they sent an email reminding you that they live off donations.  I was trying to figure out if I could donate and item, rather than money, and got into some correspondence with a station manager about it.  While I had her ear, I started to talk about what we are trying to do here in Skill - PDX.  She turned me on to an organization called the RACC, Regional Arts & Cultural Council.  https://www.racc.org/  Their focus is to support the arts, whether it be to help get the word out about events or with a grant....  There are also classes taking place that are about helping folks get their creative businesses going.  KZME, http://www.kzme.fm/events/, has an events page that also has things of interest for the art community.  I believe these can be valuable resources, and wanted to post them....

Frank
FP Design

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great, I already found something intriguing on RACC's site. It is opening for some public art... http://racc.org/public-art/racc-public-art-opportunity-sw-86th-avenue-pump-station
    Sounds like a great opportunity for proposal! Who's IN!?
    -e

    ReplyDelete